30 Days Challenge Ideas
There is a craze going on for 30 day challenges. After all, they are a quick way to bring positive change in your life.
Depending on the type of 30 day challenge you take up, you can
- Gain more self confidence
- Feel empowered
- Achieve your dreams
- Become healthier
- Being more adventurous
- Finding happiness
The biggest benefit of taking a 30-day challenge is that they need not have to be weird, life-changing, or time consuming to be accommodated in your lives.
They can be as easy as taking a health drink every morning to as general as following a half an hour fitness regime every day.
This post contains affiliate links.
What is a 30 day challenge?
The 30-day challenge is all about trying something interesting, new, unusual, fun, or healthy – every single day – for 30 days period.
30 days, in fact, is enough to make or break a habit.
What is important is that it is consistently done because a small action every day could help build good habits and change your life for the better.
Why do a 30 day challenge?
Who won’t like to take a 30-day challenge?
After all, your life may start to look different in just a month of doing something consistently.
It may bring positive outcomes including one or more of the following:
- It trains your mind to explore new opportunities and find ways to keep productive.
- Taking small steps towards a change for a month is far easier than immediately taking on something drastic for a lifetime.
- 30 days can be enough to cultivate a good habit (or quit a bad one).
- Following something for a month month will give you a sense of achievement.
How to do a 30 day challenge?
A 30-day challenge is all about taking up one activity for the next 30 days.
It is recommended to choose something that will take around 10-15 minutes of your day, especially if you are new to 30 day challenges.
These 30-day challenges are often considered best for cultivating new habits, but if you plan to quit a habit, it is a great tool to bring positive change as well.
You should keep the 30 day challenge as simple as possible. The more things or challenges you keep adding, the less likely you will continue with them.
So, it is always better to start with ONE SIMPLE 30 day challenge.
30 Day Challenge Ideas
Below is a list of 30-day challenging ideas for you to get started.
You can pick one or try a new one from the list each month round the year. It is entirely up to you.
Make sometime in your daily schedule for 30 days. Okay?
Work from Home
30 days is enough to start exploring work from home options and make a good income.
There are so many work from home options that don’t even require any investment at all.
Undoubtedly, you have some talent or at least ONE skill that could be monetised online.
All you need to do is find it. Some of the options are
- Affiliate Marketing
- Virtual Assistant
- Freelance Writing
- Graphic designers
- Online Tutors
Monthly savings challenges are a fun idea to try on!
Not only are they extremely simple but they helps you manage finance as well.
For instance, if you plan to save as small as $5 or $10 every day throughout the month, you can manage to save $150/$300 by the month-end which is pretty decent.
- 30 day money saving challenge by Wealthy Nickel
- 30 day Money Challenge ideas by The Mostly Simple Life
30 day Fitness challenge ideas
A monthly fitness challenge is something you may need for incorporating a healthy lifestyle in your present lives.
Your 30 day challenge could be anything from walking and exercising everyday to working out or weight loss challenge.
Some of the most common fitness 30-day challenge ideas include:
- Jumping rope
- 5-7 minute plank challenge
- 50 Pushups challenge
- 100-200 Squats challenge
- Total body HIIT challenge
- Beginners Running
- Butt lift
- Flat Abs challenge
- Thigh slimming and toning
There are endless possibilities for fitness challenge ideas to try on!
You can always consider taking up monthly healthy living challenge.
- Daily walking & sweating it out – Taking a morning or an evening walk every day for 30 days can really benefit your health.
It will pump increase your stamina, keep you active, pump in more oxygen to your body and keep cells healthy.
All good, eh?
- Eating more vegetables and fruits – Adding more vegetables and fruits to your daily diet and cutting down white sugar can be a life-changing experience.
It will help you control blood sugar and maintain hormonal balance.
- Sleep 8 hours straight – Many of you don’t get the required 8 hours of sleep. Take up the challenge to avoid working or watching TV (or any screen) during bedtime and sleep for at least 8 hours.
You will feel more fresh and awesome throughout the day.
- Drinking 8-10 glasses of water – Drinking 8-10 glasses of water is good for your health. It improves blood circulation in the body, eases headaches, body ache and improves digestion.
So, keep drinking a glass of water at a 2-2.5 hrs gap daily for a month.
There are so many 30 day challenges to help you become productive.
To begin with, you can try –
- Cut down screen time – you could consider cutting down the time you spend on watching TV/Netflix, scrolling on mobile/iPad, or checking social media.
Doing so will help you save you from eye/neck pain, find more time for family, and be more mindful.
Read: Social Detox: How to & Tips
- Be a morning person – some of you find it hard to wake up early in the morning. If you want to seriously give it a try, take up a 30 day challenge to wake up early morning each day.
When you wake up early in the morning, you can increase productivity by getting a head start.
- Meal planning – Meal planning can help you become more productive while balancing your work and family life.
You will be at peace knowing what will be on the menu throughout the day.
Read: Simple Dinner Recipes
Self Care and Personal Growth
A few 30 day challenge ideas –
- Personal care – You can plan a 30-day challenge with a few self-care activities like new hair/skincare routine, body massage, home manicure/facial, taking a hot bath, a weekend movie etc.
- Give up an old/bad habit – A 30-day challenge is the best thing to give up something like smoking, nail-biting, gossiping, irritating people, or being untidy.
- Maintain a Journal – You can express your thoughts, feelings, and views in a journal for 30 days. Maintaining a journal can help you stay peaceful and sane in times of stress
- Show kindness – An act of kindness like helping strangers/needy, feeding the poor, spending time at an orphanage/pet shelter, or making hopeless people smile for a month can be fun as well as satisfying.
- Reading a Book – You can select a couple of good books and start reading a few chapters/pages daily or for specific minutes for relaxation, entertainment, etc.
- Click a photo each day – You can experience an amazing change in your personality by taking a fun/nature photo or that of any special event for a month continuously.
It helps you stay observant of your surroundings and make you more emphatic.
Oganization and Cleaning – 30 day challenge ideas
Cleaning your home – You can choose to clean the house in 30 days. Pick up one room each day and give it a go.
Mindfulness and Wellness
Mindfulness and wellness mean having a general sense of mental/physical well-being and living an active lifestyle with a spiritually awakened state.
Committing to a few actions repeatedly for a month as a challenge might bring a positive change in your mental state and well-being.
- Sit and relax in the morning sun – Apart from getting vitamin D, you can derive a whole lot of health benefits while sitting in the morning sun.
- Talk to or spend time with friends/family daily – In this busy world, we often forget to give importance to our relationships. Take out time each day of the month to call a friend or family member.
- Avoid negative thinking or talk – Let go of your insecurities, arrogance, bad-mouthing, or cribbing. It will put a full-stop to all negativities in your life
- Stay mindful – Practice breathing techniques, eat and listen mindfully. You should also end your day with positive words to yourself.
- Try meditation & yoga – Try meditation and yoga in the morning or evening to keep calm as well as peaceful.
Other 30 day challenge ideas
A few more 30 day challenge ideas for you
- Learn to dance, sing or paint
- Take up your hobby
- Try a new recipe daily
- Read a motivational story or quote daily
- Learn something new
- Work on a kitchen garden
- Start your YouTube channel
- Try a new hairstyle/makeup daily
- Solve puzzles
- Learn a foreign language
Once your 30-day challenge is over, you have most likely gained a thing or two. If not, you will most certainly see a positive change in your life or attitude.
So, take time to decide on what you have always wished to do in your life and take it as a challenge for a month.
If you plan to use any of the above 30 day challenge ideas, comment below and let us know.